Would you do it?

Yeah I will treat everyone, just letting you know that the mutants are the only ones that are having problems right now, I am going to put them across the yard from the other pheasants until they are treated.

Quote:
When you go to see them, please be careful and don't where those shoes in the area where you have your other birds. Please try hard to practice biosecurity. Please don't bring anything back to ur birds. I would hate to see you starting a thread explaining that your flock is during off one by one. Then it will be too late.

OK UPDATE lol.

I had a friend ( that happens to be a vet ) go to my uncles house today with me. I wanted him to go for two reasons, one he is someone I can get advice from and 2 he can help my uncle with any questions of how to properly care for the birds.

He diagnosed a lady amherst with a sinus infection and told him what meds to get, he said to treat everyone.

I did end up bringing home 2 Melanistic Mutant Pheasants and 3 ringneck hens because they were the "odd man out" amongst his beautiful collection of around 20 red golden and yellow goldens, lady amherst, and impeyans. I talked to my vet friend and he went ahead and gave me some antibiotic to treat them even though they were not around the one with the "eye problems"

The best thing of all is that my friend has volunteered to help my uncle get his flock back to where it should be, he will oversee their care and make sure they are getting their meds and their living conditions are being met properly
smile.png
Problem solved.

tonight while transferring them to their new coop my mutant hen and a ringneck hen escaped
sad.png
they flew off into the darkness

I waited till evening thinking it would be easier to transfer them, they are just as big of a pain in the butt when its dark, they got out of my net and flew away
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom