Would you even try with these?

chickenwhisperer

Songster
12 Years
May 29, 2007
Chicken Country, U S A
We just finished the addittion to the run up at my buddies house, and his mom would be thrilled if we could hatch some eggs.
I did it before with her eggs from those chickens, like 2 years ago.

Her hens arent really laying to regularly right now with the temps . . .
This is todays take, 2 EE, 1 WCBP, and some BR/RIR prolly, the roosters are a EE or a polish mutt.

My only problem is, these eggs are really messy, do you think its even worth it to try?

eggs001-1.jpg

eggs002-1.jpg

Sorry but eww those are nasty. I would say yes to the ones surrounding, not the center - But the others. Otherwise, that is a little much. My Marans are covered in shavings and a couple downy feathers, but that is about it and I believe I'm safe. Am I seeing that those eggs or the stuff on them are kind of wet, too? . . Or just dry poo?

I dont know what it is, just wet nastiness I guess.
Its dry now . . .

Ill just tell her to save them, big end up for a week, only the cleanest ones.

These eggs are starting to look like breakfast for tomoro . . .

Quote:
DO NOT WASH THEM if you are going to put them in the bator. Take a damp cloth and brush off what you can. Those of you sayin those eggs are nasty must not have much rain!!!!!

Those eggs are fine. Brush off the gunk and set them. They will do fine once brushed off. No big deal.

I don't understand. What's wrong with them? Is it just the mud? All my eggs are like that when it rains, there's absolutely nothing nasty about it. Just gently wipe 'em off and you're good to go.
smile.png

Hatching someone else's eggs I would NOT contaminate MY bator with anything that you can't see that may be mixed into the mud on those eggs. Bacteria are microscopic, if they were my eggs and my birds bacteria....it'd be different
big_smile.png
That is why I said to wash, normally you couldn't MAKE me wash my eggs!

I washed them, put 5/7 in the fridge, and 2 in my stomach.

There will be more, and Ill be prepared . . .

When I washed the eggs, I saw that there was dried yolk and white on them, so an egg must have broken in the nest or something . . .

My buddies mom was so excited that Id hatch her some eggs, she didnt stop to think . . . she will have a week to collect the best eggs and be patient.

Ill get it done.

Back
Top Bottom