Wound care on dog's neck

Corallyn

Hatching
Nov 12, 2023
A couple of weeks ago two of our dogs got into a fight. The I just noticed that one of them has a gaping wound on his neck. He acts normal otherwise. I don't have funds to take him to a vet. What can I do for him at home to help him heal?

Please, no judgements or criticisms.

A couple of weeks ago two of our dogs got into a fight. The I just noticed that one of them has a gaping wound on his neck. He acts normal otherwise. I don't have funds to take him to a vet. What can I do for him at home to help him heal?

Please, no judgements or criticisms.
I still would take him to the vet. Bite wound sustained during a fight can do damage beneath the skin that will not heal without intervention. Plus the bacteria introduced by a bite requires antibiotics usually. Definitely not judging. I understand vet care can sometimes be expensive.

Here's a picture of his wound. Sorry his fur is in the way but it's pretty bad. Please don't judge me.

Attachments

• IMG_0425 2.jpeg
    IMG_0425 2.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 11
Keep an eye on it, since cooties can easily be introduced beneath skin's surface by puncture wounds. You might want to clip away some of the fur around the wound site for better observation. Redness, swelling, pus, odor in the coming days means likely infection. Some vets still might be willing to see your pooch while taking your situation into consideration. Hope all turns out well🤞

Back
Top Bottom