Wound healing?

Ljpitz

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2022
Hi guys, first major wound after caring for chicke s for almost 8 years... need some of your expertise and advice. I have this poor girl who survived a Raccoon attack, (they killed 2 and took a swipe at her). We discovered a gouge in her shoulder/wing and have been treating it with hydrogen peroxide, bacitracin, vectricyn washes, neosporin, you name it. I'm having a hard time figuring out if she's healing or what more to do for her. 2 pictures, 7 days apart. Thanks in advance...leah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220827-105010_Snapchat~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220827-105010_Snapchat~2.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220827_101142~2.jpg
    20220827_101142~2.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 5
Hello! Stop using hydrogen peroxide, it kills newly growing cells. Clean with saline, sprat with bacitryn and then cover with triple antibiotic cream. I should look much better in just a couple of days. Give her raw yolk and nutri drench to boost her nutrition.

This girl of yours is amazing!

Hello! Stop using hydrogen peroxide, it kills newly growing cells. Clean with saline, sprat with bacitryn and then cover with triple antibiotic cream. I should look much better in just a couple of days. Give her raw yolk and nutri drench to boost her nutrition.

This girl of yours is amazing!
Thank you, for the advice. Will cut out hydro, and add yolk. I was feeding her nutridrench and an antibiotic(I forgot to mention). I stopped the antibiotic after 14 days to give her system a chance to catch up. X crossing fingers!!!!

Back
Top Bottom