WOW it worked!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Vtchicks, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Vtchicks

Vtchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Rutland, VT
    The girls (6 weeks old) went inside just like they were suppose to. I put the girls in the coop 1 week ago and left them in there for the week. I let them out a half hour or so before dark today. I just went down (dark) and the were all inside like good girls. It was hard leaving them in there that long, but it seems to have paid off. I will give them a hour or so tomorrow before dark to play outside then increase the time each day. Thank you to everyone for the tips on this.

Russ

2. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    I wish I could do that but it's so hot around here that it would fry them to stay in the coop...so for the next couple days I'll just chase and catch [​IMG] Congratulations on your success!!!

3. chickenlovefever

chickenlovefever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    May I say, This worked for me also, but then i got more chickens. my older hens started roosting in this rotting barn, and i had to go find them.......... I don't get what I did wrong. Now That I am back down to 13 chickens, they roost together.

4. daver

daver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Linden, NC
    Quote:I let ours out between 7 and 7:30 in the evening and they put themselves to bed at about 8:30, seems to be sane for us.

It took some patience with them when they were first put in the coop but within two weeks they were roosting as they should.

Dave

5. Crabby Chicken

Crabby Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2011
    mine are doing well also...have goin to roost around 8:30-9pm everynight...starting to claim nesting boxes now..gettin 2 eggs a day now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by