Wow! Look at the size of that egg!

Summer Dreams

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Three weeks into laying, my golden buff laid this jumbo egg. It weighed 2.9 ounces, but wasn't a double yolker. I thought the poor girl must have been traumatized by the size of it, but I guess she didn't mind. She's been laying jumbo eggs ever since!

Last edited:
ep.gif
Did you weigh it?

Is it fertile? And if so, are you going to hatch it and the other jumbos? You could be on to a new super sized line of birds.
big_smile.png

thumbsup.gif
Just came back in from my coop and had an egg like that though it was almost an ounce bigger it was 3.78 oz. LOL
celebrate.gif
If I didn't know any better I would have thought I had a duck in the chicken coop lol
lau.gif
I feel for the hen that laid the one I got just now and your hen too. This one was not a double yolker either.

JUST LOVE WHEN THEY DON'T FIT IN AN EGG CARTON.
lol.png

Last edited:
I weigh all the jumbos just out of curiosity. I wonder if all golden buffs produce jumbo eggs? Maybe I should buy some more of them and see...and try to find a better way to store the eggs, since they don't fit in the carton!

is a golden buff.,,..a golden comet??....i have 2 golden comets.....i think thats who is laying my jumbos....

Back
Top Bottom