Wow, my grandma just had 5 seizures in 15 minutes,

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by quintinp, Mar 4, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    it sure was scary, i dont know much about this stuff, my mom called 911 and they took her to the hospital, it was crazy, she is like 53, and she was just coming over for the weeked, and this happened [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i hope she is okay, she has a history of seizures though, and she drinks alot, so i guess it was bound to happen

2. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    Gods blessings were there for her being at your house where she can get help quickly!!!

Scarey I'm sure..but I thank God she was somewhere where someone could call for help!!

3. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    apparently she doesn't get help very often, she lives with a man who's diabetic, he doesn't walk at all, so she just goes through a seizure and comes out of it, unless someone comes over and finds her, she has lived a rough life, and she still is going through a lot of troublesome times, it is scary to think that happened, she was only at our house for 15 minutes

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG] for your grandma and a [​IMG] for you

5. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    she lives miles away from us too, so usually neighbors do something, considering her lover won't get a phone and call 911 while he's sitting on their couch and watching tv

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Very scary to see something like that... I hope she gets the help she needs. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] I'll be thinking of all of you.

8. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG] ...very scary to witness that. [​IMG] Hoping the very best for your grandma. [​IMG]

9. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Does she take seizure medicine? My DH has epilepsy from a motorcycle wreck he was in 15 years ago. It took 12 years after the accident before he started having seizures. The medicine he is on controls the seizures. If she doesnt take the medicine the seizures could eventually kill her. Hope she gets medicine or they find the right combination of medicines that work to control them. I know first hand how scary a seizure can be. Im really glad you all were with her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by