Wow - my new EE chicks like to FLY at a week old!

MissCluck

Songster
10 Years
Jan 31, 2009
Finger Lakes Region, NY
I had nine very nice Easter Egger chicks hatch last Friday. My goodness do they want to flap their little wings and take off. They leap around the brooder (I've already moved them to a larger one) and get quite a bit off the ground.

My Buff Orp, Black Australorp and Red Stars didn't do this.

Are EE's known for good flight?

It really is cute when they all get hopping and flapping.

I'm not sure but I have only one EE and she is always flying around! When the others take off across the yard doing the run/flap thing she waits until they are all gone and then flies almost the entire way!

Today she flew on top of the coop which is almost 7 foot tall!
ep.gif
It was so funny, the rest of the flock were squaking and freaking out until she came down!
gig.gif

my week old buff orp does her little flying thing as like a streching kind of thing. I am a little afraid of her getting out, so I have to close the door of the room there in just in case. better to have one loose in a room than the whole house.

lol. My Old English Game Banties did the same thing, it was so cute. But, from the best of my understanding E.E's are just a cross that lays green/blue/pink eggs, so how well they can fly would really depend on the parenting birds.

Good luck with your babies.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom