Wow, this sure is scary...

If people say....... guns kill people,

does that mean I can blame misspelled words on my pencil?!

I always loved that saying,
~Lacey

Wow - that is scary. The boy must be disturbed or somethin'. It's very good that they found out soon. I mean, a list of people to kill......and a poem about it........ very creepy. A movie adaptation must be made!

Thanks for the bone-chilling news!

Hope0491 said:

I am SO glad I'm homeschooled!

How interesting! I homeschooled my son. What curriculum are you using? We used A-BEKA. Tough, but thorough.​

Last edited:
Our school takes threats very seriosly, maybe too much. Last year my 10 yr, old son was being picked on, I knew he was being bullied, and had reported to the principal. So one day this kid had taken something from my son, and my son said something to the effect of "Give it back or I'll kill you" not meaning literally, how many times has something like that slipped out of your mouth? Well, another kid heard it and reported it to the teacher. Needless to say I was called and told to pick up my son immediately, he had threatened another students life. OMG, I race to the school expecting to see the police there and my son in handcuffs. But only the principal and a guidance counselor were waiting for me. They told me the scenario, but because even though my son didn't realy mean it, he did say it and that was enough. and they had to follow school policy, and remove him from the school. They didn't suspend him or anything, just got a sort of detention: he wasn't allowed to watch a special movie he had won for reading the most books. BTW The bullying eventually got taken care of too.

I hear garbadge like that all the time. Kids suspended because of one of those individual packet mydol (she had cramps), One kid expelled for having fingernail clippers (it had one of those little fold out file things) but somehow a kid can get in armed like a commando. go figure....

I can also remember a time when you failed a class, you got held back a year. But now they have "social Promotions" because failing a grade may hurt their little feelings...ugh.... I failed the 7th grade (puberty---discovered girls---)and got held back. Best thing that ever happened in my opinion. I learned to take responsibility for my actions. I failed, NOT the school, NOT my father, NOT the system ME, I did it.

It was also not unusual to see several gun racks with rifles in the school parking lot. We grew up with guns everywhere. In my area a gun is just another dangerous tool, like a chain saw. We never EVER "Played" with a gun. They were for target practice, competition shooting, or hunting.
No one ever got mugged or robbed or had their house broken into. EVERYBODY was armed.
Now, like here in San Diego, Only the criminals have guns. and they are trying to make it MORE difficult for the honest citizen to buy one!
The criminals only have to go to the corner of Main and MLK Blvd with $20.00 to pick up a slightly warm 9mm.

I remember a story that somewhere like in Austrailia, they used to give kids a test several times in their school career.
Say at grade 6. If they pass they get to go to high school. If not, they had the basic reading and writing skills to work digging ditches.
they are tested again at grade 10, If they pass they are allowed to contunue through high school, if not they now have the basic skills to work at a higher level job, like McDonalds or the gas station.
At high school graduation they are tested again to see if they are allowed to move on to college etc.

That's the way school should be. Get rid of the punks and thugs, and kids that don't want to be there. save the education for the people who WANT it.
If I had a choice in front of my when I was in 7th grade, pass this test or dig ditches for the rest of your life....I would have paid more attention to the teacher and less to Lisa, Cherill, Tammy, Melissa, Kelly, and Donna.
tongue.png

WOW! I sort of ran on a bit there......LOL

My HS every other truck had a gun rack and once when we where having some one trying to steal out of cars on campas the School let them bring there guns in and put them in the office. We all had pocket knives even most of the girls and every one knew it. It just was not a issue, the only kid lost out of our school was to drunk driving. If kids needed help they got it and no one was arrested becouse some kid was crying out for help.
Todays schools make me sick, they teach to only pass there state tests and no one puts the students first anymore. At DD school the food they get is no better then fast food. Nothing is cooked its all reheated in the bag! I now send cold luch for her so I know she is getting a good meal.

Quote:
How interesting! I homeschooled my son. What curriculum are you using? We used A-BEKA. Tough, but thorough.

Cool beans!! I used A-BEKA to up to 8th grade and then from the time I was 12 I took college classes.. I'm actually graduating 2 years early!
smile.png

~Lacey

Quote:
Thank you!
hugs.gif

HAHA!! Yeah, that can happen!! My Mom loves homeschooling my little sister! =]
I am going to homeschool all my children! I want to be a stay-at-home Mom and raise my kids..
smile.png

~Lacey

Back
Top Bottom