WOW! We were just hit by lightning!

caspernc

Songster
9 Years
Oct 15, 2010
Z town NC
Thank goodness DH just put ground rods around the house! My DS was thrown out of his chair, did a flip and landed hard on the floor. I was on the phone with the bank putting a hold on my other sons debit card that he lost when it HIT! I was out.....I remember my teeth clamping together then the bank lady screeming woke me up, or what ever! My young son was on the floor in the fetal position and I was tingling all over. when we got our selves half way together or rather up off the floor we called 911 to make sure nothing was on fire or soon to be on fire. the horses are fine, the barn is good we get to the coop and I had to hold back the tears......the fireman asked.......were did all these chickens come from?....... I lost it....... REALLY? ITS A CHICKEN COOP!!!!!! There is humour EVERY where you are! Anyway as long as everyone is ok, NOW I can
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Yikes! I had a house get hit by lightening but wasn't affected myself physically. I do hope you and your son will get checked out by a doctor, just for safety's sake. A friend of mine had an indirect hit that left her with migraines. It took a while for the docs to make the connection. Best wishes. Hope all turns out well. And glad you were able to find something to laugh at in all of it!
smile.png

Wow! Hope you all are ok! My son got hit indirectly ..he was 4 and on his tricycle at the barn I was working in...yearlings
roll.png
he of course had to be out watching the water pour out of the guttering.....good thing he was grounded ...I don't think it affected him....then again...................Hmmmmm .....he is 24 now
idunno.gif

Its really getting funnier as time goes on. "Were did all these chickens com form?" Well I guess the lightening was really a space ship and these are from MARS!!!!!!? WOW I didn't notice the chickens,WOW. How did they get here.........?

You should have asked him "Chickens??? You see chickens???"

lau.gif

All laughing aside - we are glad you are ok. DH says you should be checked by a doc - you and your dear kids. Lightening will stop your heart momentarily. But I am sure that the FF told you, or medics checked you out.

hugs.gif
and chuckles for the humor.
ya.gif

I'm SO glad that you are alright, first of all!! Did the bank lady really freak out? lol Second of all.. I had to read this to my husband and he got a kick out of the fireman too. That was a good one.. I would have been like 'I dunno, sir.. one minute they weren't there and then BAM the lightening struck and they just appeared!'
gig.gif

Quote:
My mind being on hold as it was that would have been great! Chickens? What chickens? Do you see chickens?
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom