Wow

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I am amazed at how much less water my 14 Muscovy babies drink/use when compared to my 5 Pekin/Rouen babies & 2 goslings. I just refilled their waterers about 2 hours ago and i just had to refill the mutts & goslings water and the Scovy babies still have half a gallon left!

I've noticed that they don't play in the water as much and more of it stays in their mouth when the drink. That doesn't mean that they won't make a mess
tongue.png

OH, I know what you mean! I think the Muscovies are comparably neat! And I only needed to keep two waterers in with the 10 Muscovies even at 5 weeks, and my group of Kahkis and Pekin have 4 and I am about ready to go to 6! And they are 3 weeks old. There are more of them, but still, the mess they make is not justified by the numbers. LOL. Good thing I love them!

i too have noticed that my little mallard and rouen ducklings LAY in the water bowl and my scovy baby just lays by it and drinks lol. as for my teenagers outside... they only take a bath when i put fresh water in the pool
roll.png
like 5 seconds after so they have muddy water again lol

Back
Top Bottom