Wow

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, May 28, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I am amazed at how much less water my 14 Muscovy babies drink/use when compared to my 5 Pekin/Rouen babies & 2 goslings. I just refilled their waterers about 2 hours ago and i just had to refill the mutts & goslings water and the Scovy babies still have half a gallon left!

2. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    I've noticed that they don't play in the water as much and more of it stays in their mouth when the drink. That doesn't mean that they won't make a mess [​IMG]

3. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    OH, I know what you mean! I think the Muscovies are comparably neat! And I only needed to keep two waterers in with the 10 Muscovies even at 5 weeks, and my group of Kahkis and Pekin have 4 and I am about ready to go to 6! And they are 3 weeks old. There are more of them, but still, the mess they make is not justified by the numbers. LOL. Good thing I love them!

4. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i too have noticed that my little mallard and rouen ducklings LAY in the water bowl and my scovy baby just lays by it and drinks lol. as for my teenagers outside... they only take a bath when i put fresh water in the pool [​IMG] like 5 seconds after so they have muddy water again lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by