wowwww im amazed

celticbird

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 6, 2011
silver city
Ok here's the short and skinny of this story. I bout some pumpkin hulsey eggs on ebay. I was excited when I saw they shipped the very next day. Howwwwever that's where the problem began. That same night is when a massive cold front smashed in and here in southwestern very New Mexico our temp dropped to negative 20 with the wind chill factored in. I was freakin out knowing tthose eggs were in transit. After 3 days of no eggs in the mail and them not updating the trackin info. I got flustered and called them. They said we have no clue where they are but it could be awhile because due to the freeze snow etc. Alot of shipment are grounded. After 8 days I got them. That's rite I said 8 days in the mail. I got the box it had been punted I think and smashed. I was maddddd. I opened it and there were 10 out of 10 in perfect condition. Still figureing viability was out the window I went ahead and placed them in the bator. Guess what I have 1 hatching as I type this and 7 more wiggling around for a total of 8 viables out of 10. I candled and knew the others were goners rite away but hey im amazed I got any. These must be some hardy gamefowl and I thank goodness the seller packed well.
ep.gif
clap.gif

I will for sure post pics....I will also mention at this time....there is an incubator that appears on ebay now and then it is red and made of solid plastic looks kinda cheapy....I have seen one or two folks mention them on here but not much about them they have europeon technology on the front its known as a cleo incubator. I bought one and I will tell you im shocked it is holdong temps and humidity exactly like my genesis 1588 whoaaaaa. It cost me a whopping 40 bucks. Its plug n play just like the genesis doesn't appear at all as high quality but none the less im amazed. The only problems I have with it are 1 it has no turner. But I like hand turning anyway. 2 no windows at all ill cut it and silicone some plexiglass on when my hatch is done I have the materials in my shop for that. Just figured id share the info for those who cannot spend alot on a bator but still want something easy plug n play that works well for a great price if anyone wants the sellers name just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom