Wrinkled egg, watery white, sick?

HeidiGretchen

Chirping
May 28, 2022
Malvern, Arkansas
When I gathered eggs this afternoon, I had 1 white egg that had a hard but wrinkled shell. When I cracked the egg, the white was very watery but the yolk was normal. The shell was maybe a little thinner than normal, but still hard and firm. I haven't noticed any of my hens acting sick or showing symptoms. I only have 3 with white eggs, and they seem fine.
I'm attaching pictures. What do I need to watch for? Should I give treatment to stop or prevent illness? Thanks!
20230215_172619.jpg
20230215_172726.jpg
20230215_172812.jpg

Have you seen any signs of a respiratory illness inna hen including sneezing every few minutes? Wrinkled egg shell with watery albumen can be a sign of infectious bronchitis virus. It usually runs it’s course over several weeks. It can spread through the flock over weeks to months. If none have any symptoms, then I would just watch them and hopefully it is nothing serious.

Have you seen any signs of a respiratory illness inna hen including sneezing every few minutes? Wrinkled egg shell with watery albumen can be a sign of infectious bronchitis virus. It usually runs it’s course over several weeks. It can spread through the flock over weeks to months. If none have any symptoms, then I would just watch them and hopefully it is nothing serious.
I haven't noticed any symptoms at all, but I am definitely going to watch closely. I steeped oregano and basil in water overnight and put that in one of their waterers. I also put the dewormer (cayenne mix) on their feed this morning, and I'll add some Kickin Chicken to their feed later today. I had just cleaned / refreshed the coop and nesting boxes last week, so that's pretty clean. I guess if it is a virus, I'll just try to keep them as healthy as possible and hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom