Wry Neck - Confused about treatment

Pics
Yes, I did check it out and I have everything I need but hoping since he seems to be improving maybe he'll start eating on his own soon. I'm giving the vitamin B complex, vitamin E, Selenium, Prednisone and the PolyViSol mixed in with baby food. All I know is it seems to be working. Thanks to everyone on here your info has been very helpful.

Lol sounds like you have ALLL your bases covered. Tube feeding isn't all that hard to do, it is a lot easier with two people I have to admit, although any tube feeding I have done I have done with just myself. The first time I did it, I cried. OMG I cried like a baby, now it's a breeze.. Very hard to do when tears are coming down you face. Lol

Yes, I did check it out and I have everything I need but hoping since he seems to be improving maybe he'll start eating on his own soon. I'm giving the vitamin B complex, vitamin E, Selenium, Prednisone and the PolyViSol mixed in with baby food. All I know is it seems to be working. Thanks to everyone on here your info has been very helpful.

Glad to hear that you are seeing some improvement , keep up the good work.

Glad to hear that you are seeing some improvement , keep up the good work.

I am amazed by his progress. Two days ago he was laying on his side and barely moving tonight he's standing and doing his best to eat on his own. Really didn't think he would pull through this but really showing improvement! When he tries to eat he flails his his head around, don't know if this is a symptom from the wry neck or not. Just so happy he's trying to eat.

Last edited:
I am amazed by his progress. Two days ago he was laying on his side and barely moving tonight he's standing and doing his best to eat on his own. Really didn't think he would pull through this but really showing improvement! When he tries to eat he flails his his head around, don't know if this is a symptom from the wry neck or not. Just so happy he's trying to eat.

ALRIGHT, HE"S EATING ON HIS OWN AGAIN. WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO Keep the treatment going... Don't stop, Since he is improving you can probably start decreasing each week. GOOOD DEAL..

:yiipchick
ALRIGHT, HE"S EATING ON HIS OWN AGAIN.  WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO Keep the treatment going...  Don't stop, Since he is improving you can probably start decreasing each week.  GOOOD DEAL..

I really am shocked, he keeps improving everyday! I did decrease the Pred and vitamin E to once a day but still giving the selenium, vitamin B and Polyvisol once a day as well. Next week I'll try to cut everything back some. Thank you all for all the help!
1f413.png
1f60a.png
1f413.png
1f60a.png

:yiipchick
I really am shocked, he keeps improving everyday! I did decrease the Pred and vitamin E to once a day but still giving the selenium, vitamin B and Polyvisol once a day as well. Next week I'll try to cut everything back some. Thank you all for all the help!
1f413.png
1f60a.png
1f413.png
1f60a.png

Nice to see a happy outcome. When you start to back off the meds , leave the vitB thiamine till last.

Can someone please tell me what the best way is to give the vitamin E and selenium? I tried to mix them in with water, but the vitamin E won't mix, it's like an oil slick, and the selenium is a powder that won't mix well either, it floats to the top.
We have 3 one week old chicks and the one is smaller than the other 2 and looks like she can't hold her neck up most of the time, it keeps rolling to the side. It's not bad enough that she won't eat or drink and she still runs forward, but I'm afraid it may get worse without treatment. We didn't separate her either because the others don't seem to bother her.
At this point I mixed electrolytes, nutridrench, vit e and selenium in their water and she does drink it. It won't hurt the other 2 I hope.

Can someone please tell me what the best way is to give the vitamin E and selenium? I tried to mix them in with water, but the vitamin E won't mix, it's like an oil slick, and the selenium is a powder that won't mix well either, it floats to the top.
We have 3 one week old chicks and the one is smaller than the other 2 and looks like she can't hold her neck up most of the time, it keeps rolling to the side. It's not bad enough that she won't eat or drink and she still runs forward, but I'm afraid it may get worse without treatment. We didn't separate her either because the others don't seem to bother her.
At this point I mixed electrolytes, nutridrench, vit e and selenium in their water and she does drink it. It won't hurt the other 2 I hope.

Best to break the capsule and dip the beak in. Thiamine is what you need to concentrate on . Marmite or brewers yeast are high in B1 ( thiamine )

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/6/diseases-of-poultry/216/vitamin-bi-deficiency

Back
Top Bottom