Wry neck duckling, I'm scared , I need help!!

I did make sure it was without iron, I read too that it wasn't good for ducklings.

Somebody I know said they have some at home , he'll double check for me tomorrow and maybe give me some, and I'm going to double check myself to make sure it's Brewer's yeast. If not I'll continue to search in grocery and specialty store. For now I think she's good with Poly' and Vitamine E , but should I add selenium ? I read that they need selenium to digest or to eat Vitamine E , I should check if the Poly' has some on it. I can maybe give her fruit or vegetable that has some too?

Here's her neck now ( Sorry for the lighting , it was at night ) Even if it still on the side she's doing better that before , it's a little improvement!

She's capable of putting it straight sometime and move it on the other side. I'm just wondering , she seems to have smaller eyes than the others ( I don't know if you can see it on the pic ) any ideas on that?

Thank you again @Amiga , we will continue these Vitamine supplement as long as it take and hope for the best :)
Hi I am a new duckling owner who has had many chickens in the past and thought to have ducks now. Only problem is that one of my duckling has wry neck, non of my chickens ever had it and I thought nothing of it for the first 3 weeks because I thought she’d grow out of it, but she hasn’t and it’s getting worse… she can eat and drink fine, but I want to know if she has a shorter life expectancy because of it? Or what I should do now that she is almost 4 weeks old… I don’t know what to do and I love her heaps.

Hi I am a new duckling owner who has had many chickens in the past and thought to have ducks now. Only problem is that one of my duckling has wry neck, non of my chickens ever had it and I thought nothing of it for the first 3 weeks because I thought she’d grow out of it, but she hasn’t and it’s getting worse… she can eat and drink fine, but I want to know if she has a shorter life expectancy because of it? Or what I should do now that she is almost 4 weeks old… I don’t know what to do and I love her heaps.
:welcome
here is some info on wry neck and how one duckling was treated. This isn't something that goes away overnight especially since the duckling is now 4 weeks old but please try and help. It won't go away on its own.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/peking-duckling-with-crooked-neck-help.761308/

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/how-to-treat-wry-neck-in-ducklings-and-chicks.html

scrambled eggs has selenium which is better than adding in vit form since it can be over dosed.

Rooster Booster [poultry cell] is another good way of helping.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom