Wry neck poly vi sol dosage?

Lexievans11990

Songster
Aug 18, 2019
North Georgia
I have a turkey poult who’s had wry neck for 2 days. I’m on my way to pick up some poly vi sol without iron for him. How much do I need to give him? What’s the correct and safe dosage? Thanks

I don't use it, but it seems like a product for toddlers. If you just follow the toddler 0-6 months age dose of 1mL, that will be a safe dose. It contains 8 vitamins, including Vitamin A which means there is an upper limit for Vitamin A a toddler is 400-600 mcg per day. Vitamin A can have bad effects if given too much, but I think a safe dose is this 1mL or even 2mL of this per day to your turkey. I think the directions say 1mL for a toddler per day.

Now that does not give the recommended amount of Vitamin B. You could add a Vitamin B and even a Vitamin K supplement, there is no upper dose of those and those are probably what are needed most.

I personally don't like messing with Vitamin A supplements because it can have bad effects if the dose is administered wrong. But this combined with a additional Vitamin B supplement will be good.

20210520_172032.jpg

20210520_172017.jpg

Last edited:
I don't use it, but it seems like a product for toddlers. If you just follow the toddler 0-6 months age dose of 1mL, that will be a safe dose. It contains 8 vitamins, including Vitamin A which means there is an upper limit for Vitamin A a toddler is 400-600 mcg per day. Vitamin A can have bad effects if given too much, but I think a safe dose is this 1mL or even 2mL of this per day to your turkey. I think the directions say 1mL for a toddler per day.

Now that does not give the recommended amount of Vitamin B. You could add a Vitamin B and even a Vitamin K supplement, there is no upper dose of those and those are probably what are needed most.

I personally don't like messing with Vitamin A supplements because it can have bad effects if the dose is administered wrong. But this combined with a additional Vitamin B supplement will be good.

View attachment 2680183

View attachment 2680184
Thanks so much for this information! :)

Most chicken owners give 2-3 drops of Polyvisol without iron once a day. Consider getting Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell at your feed store which are for chickens. The dosage of those is 1 ml per every 3 pounds of weight. They contain vitamins, including E and B1’ plus selenium which are food for wry neck,) minerals, and electrolytes.

Most chicken owners give 2-3 drops of Polyvisol without iron once a day. Consider getting Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell at your feed store which are for chickens. The dosage of those is 1 ml per every 3 pounds of weight. They contain vitamins, including E and B1’ plus selenium which are food for wry neck,) minerals, and electrolytes.
Unfortunately I was not able to find polyvisol, now I’m headed to tractor supply and hoping they have nutridrench, I’ve heard it’s amazing. Do you know how much I should give my 5 day old poult?

Back
Top Bottom