Wry neck

YanceyB

In the Brooder
I have an Old English Bantam chick that is a few months old. Is it possible for a chick that age to suddenly get wry neck? Yesterday she was fine but today her neck and head are totally limp. I don't know what happened. She will drink water if I drip it into her mouth. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have an Old English Bantam chick that is a few months old. Is it possible for a chick that age to suddenly get wry neck? Yesterday she was fine but today her neck and head are totally limp. I don't know what happened. She will drink water if I drip it into her mouth. Any advice would be appreciated.
Is she walking or doing flips or going backwards?

She's not walking at all. Just lays there. It may be an injury that happened over night.

Thank you. I'll try that.

:flI hope it gets better. When my quail had wry neck, it was from no problem one day to head all the way down, tripping over it's own head the next morning. I could see an improvement within 24 hours, he was back to normal within 5 days. If you give the vit e capsule, you need to get some selenium crushed up to give too.

Wry neck often hits over night. I’d suggest getting vitamin e gel tablets (200 iu) and squeeze it into some puréed hard boiled egg. The egg has selenium which helps the chick absorb the vitamin e. Try to catch it ASAP. Also it is good to give poultry booster, but it’s not enough to cure wry neck. It only prevents it furthering.

Back
Top Bottom