Wry Neck?

viriditashomestead

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2022
Is this wry neck? This hen is almost 2 years old and had been broody for the last three weeks. Yesterday morning found her out of the nesting box just sitting in the wires of the bottom of the chicken tractor, left eye closed and head turned all the way around to the right, resting it on her wing.

Attachments

• IMG_2547.png
    IMG_2547.png
    941.6 KB · Views: 95
Did something possibly happen to her? Wry neck can occur from injuries. Is she getting layer feed and if so, is she eating/drinking?

Any other symptoms like a runny nose or losing feathers? How is her butt? How does she walk, like normal or otherwise?

I would give her/them vitamin water, as in Nutra Drench or Poultry Cell every other day for a couple of weeks which wouldn't hurt at this point until you are for sure what's wrong with her.

Did something possibly happen to her? Wry neck can occur from injuries. Is she getting layer feed and if so, is she eating/drinking?

Any other symptoms like a runny nose or losing feathers? How is her butt? How does she walk, like normal or otherwise?

I would give her/them vitamin water, as in Nutra Drench or Poultry Cell every other day for a couple of weeks which wouldn't hurt at this point until you are for sure what's wrong with her.
She doesn’t walk. Haven’t seen her eat or drink but now she’s standing. We brought her in the house and have her in a shower area. No running nose, leaky butt or anything of the sort. It kind of seems like maybe she was hurt but I have no idea how.

She doesn’t walk. Haven’t seen her eat or drink but now she’s standing. We brought her in the house and have her in a shower area. No running nose, leaky butt or anything of the sort. It kind of seems like maybe she was hurt but I have no idea how.
When she stands, does she stand normally or is her neck still curled up on her side? If she's still looking like possibly wry neck, I would feed her some tuna, scrambled eggs, sunflower seeds, and vitamin water. Those all are high in protein but also Vit E and some selenium which should help.

If this just seems like an injury, and not wry neck, then feeding her some of these things would still help.

Back
Top Bottom