wry neck?

hvnsnt3388

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 9, 2011
Well, I have a fully feathered birchen juvenile rooster I just bought 14 days ago. 3 days ago he woke up with his neck twisted down and between his legs. I contacted the seller for help and she suggested wry neck. Said to tRy poly vi sol. I couldn't find poly but I had some vital sol for birds and started treating him with 1 drop mixed into a peanut butter scrambled eggs and crushed chick starter mash with a sprinkling of chick saver. I have been force feeding him for 2 days. Last night at sunset....6 pm, he just straightened his head up and started acting normal....thought it was a miracle! This morning at 420 when I woke up and checked on him, he was crooked over...worse, than before. He actually has his head down and twisted in a loop which has his head facing forward....he can only walk backwards. He was this way ALL DAY. Well, at 610 this evening, he miraculously recovered again!!! I added his little hen and he is eating and drinking and sharing his food. He also talks to her constantly...just like nothing ever happened.

ANY IDEAS!!?!?!?!?!?!??

Im new to the wry neck to my chick just recently got it. Maybe keep him in a warmer spot. Ive read that vitamin e helps. Im just suggesting maybe massaging his neck. might relax him a bit. again im new still trying things out for myself. also lace his water with vitamin e and iron which is what comes in poly-vi-sol

Was your experience similar? Is it normal for them to act normally then relapse daily until it is completely over? I can't stand the way he looks...it's gotta be painful! I said Friday I would give him til Monday or I would put him down. If I haven't given it enough time and this is normal then I wiLLC sigh and check with the Walmart in Brewton and pick up the poly.
He is in a 24x24 hospital cage with a girlfriend.....I had him completely alone over the few days, maybe the company will help anyway. He walks....... backwards, calls his hen, responds to her....

Try selineum and Vitamin E .... this is what they need

I add farnham horse crumbles in vitamin E and silineum to our feed to prevent wryy neck. Hope this helps.. message me if you need the dosage amount. Nancy

one of my chicks does the same thing and i dont know what to do
hit.gif
my mom doesnt want to buy polyvisol though so is there any other way to fix it? is it still possible for him to live with this? please help!!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom