WTB Local Hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Peep Talk, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Will anyone have any hatching eggs available this spring in the Chambersburg/Mercersburg/Fort Loudon, PA area? I'm not too picky about breed and I don't mind if they are bantam or large fowl. They don't have to be show quality because they are just my pets and egg providers for my family. [​IMG] Please let me know what breeds you have and what price you would be asking for them.
    And I'm not worried about getting them now, I am more interested in getting them this spring about April time frame.

Thank you in advance!
    Samantha

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    You may want to ask around in the thread for your area, too.

3. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Most farm supply/feed stores will have lots of chicks coming in to sell in the spring. Sometimes you can preorder what you want.

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Hi Peep Talk, I have buff and white orpington hatching eggs now. I will also have Black and Lavender orp eggs later this spring. Feel free to PM me if you are close enough and are interested in some. We are in Slatington PA 18080 to check for distance.

5. Peep Talk

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Quote:Thank you. I have gotten my chicks from the feed stores before, but I really like hatching them out. I believe it makes them much friendlier birds towards my children when they are handled constantly and the hatching is an experience like no other. [​IMG]

6. Peep Talk

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Quote:You are almost 3 hours away from me but I am curious. PM being sent.

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Samantha if you should decide that you will accept shipped eggs, we'd be blessed to help you! Our list of eggs available will be on our website http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/ first page
    Also, we have current auctions/sales available and will continue to do so until the spring.

Here are some of our current ones so you can see a sampling of some of our offerings. Also, please do look at our feedback...Have a blessed and Happy New Year. Nancy

Our current auctions:

Bonus Lavendar Orpington Eggs & 10+ Blue/Black/Splash Orpington Eggs
    10+ Blue Cooper Marans & Splash Marans (Mostly Blues!) eggs
    12+ Buff Orpington Hatching Eggs
    10+ Crested and Non Crested Pekin Duck Eggs - No Reserve!
    [URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=436662] Pickup only - Pure Coronation Sussex Rooster at the Point of Crowing![/url]

8. Peep Talk

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    Bargain, thank you! I sent a PM asking you about your eggs that you have available. [​IMG] You have really pretty birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by