WTB or Trade for at least 2 ducks in NC (Runners?)

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I'm in Harnett County, but on the Wake county line so anyone in either area would be great.

We had 2 pekin ducks until a couple weeks ago when a predator got them. I didn't really do anything for them until I found out they came with the house
hmm.png
So we went to giving them treats but they pretty much fended for themselves... we have a multi acre pond on the property they enjoyed.

We don't have a lot of money right now (chicken habit) but would like to take on ducklings someone may not have room for. I can trade for them if their is something you need.

It you have older ducks that just need a good home, we can do that too. We don't need eggs or anything... just want me daughter to be around animals growing up. I think its good for her.

Would prefer Pekin, but not picky. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hmm...a bit of a drive. I wish you were closer I bet they're cute. I just recently saw the runners for the first time, adorable.

Yeah... thats a few hours away too. I'm about to just order 10 from McMurray so I can save on gas. It doesn't appear anyone around here I've called has them. It seems like everyone who does is a couple hour drive or needs me to order more then 2-4 to ship day olds.

I know I should wait until spring, but I'm impatient! LOL

Thanks...

The predator may have been a dog... I think someone actually took them, I really do.

They didn't have a safe house before, but we are converting the chicken tractor to be a duck house this time around.

I will look into those places... I just can't drive to charlotte though. I did find someone who will hatch me some in the spring if I want.

If I can't find any by this weekend I'm going to order from McMurray. They're minimium for ducks is only 10, I've just been so nervous about having babies shipped. I know everyone does it... I'm just a worry wart.

Back
Top Bottom