WTB Various Types Of Eggs

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
Hi,
Going to be looking for various eggs, especially mixed breed chicken eggs and a few goose eggs. Also might be interested in duck, turkey,quail or guinea eggs. If I need to get on a waiting list, I would be happy to do that.
Thank you for your time.

I am not particular on the duck or turkey breeds really? Will pm you, thanks.
smile.png

I have all my (chicken) large breeds in one pen for the winter. They will be pure breed hens covered by a barred rock rooster. I have a list of my hens on my BYC page. I also have barred rock hens, so you'd be sure to get some nice pure barred rocks. I have bantams, too, if you're interested. They are kept separately.
My cortunix won't lay again until the weather warms up. I also have button quail. The buttons lay about 3 eggs/day.

Hi, Paganbird, would you be willing to separate the Barred rock chickens into another pen so that I copuld buy some eggs that are DEFINATELY purebred Barred Rocks? Also, if I did buy eggs from you, how much would you charge per dozen? How many Barred Rock eggs are you getting per day?

Quote:
I will be separating the breeds in the spring. Right now, it's too hard for me to keep all of the waterers thawed to have them all separated by breed. I have my roosters separated into show cages in the big coop, but I let my sweetie BR rooster stay out with the ladies. I get 4 or 5 BR eggs per day, but right now, I can't guarantee that I can pull only BR eggs.
My mixed LF eggs are $5/dozen (I add extras) and if you're willing to try it, I could take out the eggs that I definitely know are not BR eggs. The orpington & australorp eggs look very similar to the BR eggs, though.
Once the weather warms up, I'll be putting all the BRs in a pen by themselves. I'll probably be offering eggs for sale through the summer months here on BYC.

Thank you all. PMs sent. I am buying from some great people and I wont be looking for any more chicken eggs until around February. Found turkey and guinea eggs and the person I want to get quail eggs from. My aunt has promised me duck eggs(though any mixed breed duck eggs would be great.)
So, right now I would get on waiting lists for February eggs and still looking for goose eggs (any type) OR getting on a waiting list for those too.
Again, I thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom