WW III just ended

panner123

Songster
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Garden Valley, ca
After the shooting stopped, I heard my grand daughter yelling, they are after the baby chicks. I grap my shotgun as I leave the deck, but as I get to the top of the runs she stops me. I got two of them before they got the chicks, but there are more of them, I need more bullets. I go to where she has 2 fox dead as a doorknobs. She is still after more bulets and wants me to trun the dogs loose. I try to slow her down with no luck. Darn why we give that girl a gun for her birthday. She shot 9 times and had hit these 2 five times. Good thing we didn't give her my M-1 carbine, she would still be shooting. We have created a monster
that hates predators as much as I do.
Well, at least the lessons at the police range taught her to hit what she shoots at. She said she thinks she hit one of the others for it yelped
as she shot at it. Going to have to get that girl a case of shells now. Now if I can only get her brother to shoot like her, I can sit in my rocker and loft a day or two.

Raised that Grandgirl of yours up right, you did!
thumbsup.gif

About what age bracket does she fall in?
Pre-teens= 10-12
Teens=13-19
Young adult=20 and over

awesome panner!...what a brave girl!...i know you must be very proud of her!..i wish i had a 1/4 of her bravery!...so, is she a police woman also?...awesome job teaching her grandpa!...
clap.gif

Quote:
Sorry maybe I should have stated more clearly. She truned 13 on Sept. 28. She was told she could have any pistol she wanted on her birthday, but she would need to learn to use it safely. She went to my nieghbor who is a local sheriff and asked him to teach her firearm safety. She could already out shoot her brother (16) and her cousin (14).
She took to the safety course like a duck to water. She passed the hunter safety course first try, it took her three trys to pass the police safety test. I think that was because of her doing things that I do and they are not also the safest. (But they work for me). The gun must stay at my house until she is 18. She can carry it and shoot it anytime she wants. She choose the Taurus M94 With a 6" barrel, callled tracker SS. She does love to shoot my m-1 carbine though. She puts a 30 round clip in and doesn't stop firing until the clip is empty. That is the gun she wants to use for deer when she goes hunting with me.

oops sorry!..i misunderstood panner..sorry..... wow! 13 and such a good shot?...so she IS a really brave girl!...and i think its great that you are teaching her to hunt, and protect herself and hers!..so she wont be like me, stuck with this predator problem that i have, and no way to handle it..... so again,...i think that its great that you are teaching her these things!...
thumbsup.gif
.., Wendy

Back
Top Bottom