1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

wwoooooooowwww!!!!! Would you do this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chick1043, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Would you do this? So in the front yard our tree overlaps the 4 ft fence. Because it's fall now, the leaves are now falling. So me, my dad and siblings come home from helping grandparents with something and our neighbor took the leaves in his yard and piled them in ours! So us kids bagged 8 bags of leaves! My dad was so mad!! LOL But he did the right thing to turn the other cheek! lol Our neighbor saw us bagging them and looked at us disgusted!! Would you have done that with the leaves to your neighbor? LOL rude!!

2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Depends on the neighbor. But since the tree goes over the fence they are his leaves and he should have kept them on his side.

3. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    You should tell him THANKS!!! and go put those extra leaves in your compost pile

4. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    We just run them over with the mulching mower and let them fertilize the lawn for the next year. But then again, we're trying to not put any chemicals or artificial fertilizers on our lawn, since the lawn slopes down to our garden and chicken pens. If they were too thick where they were 'piled', they'd end up in our compost bins.

It would be a win-win for us. But that neighbor wouldn't get any more fresh eggs, holiday goodies, or invites to our throw-downs.

5. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:lol depends on the neighbor!! actually i think he did that because we complained about his pitbull almost attacking us! [​IMG]

6. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:lol if we had one! xD

7. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:There was sooo much leaves i dont think that was possible!! lol nope! hes not getting any fresh eggs! then again....if he did...maybe he'd think that theyre soo good that he'd be nice! lol

8. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Hey, start one today, I would think you have a good spot some where by the fence between you and the neighbor [​IMG]

9. Linn Bee

Linn Bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Better yet, tell him you had already sold all of your bags of leaves to someone (on the rich side of town) and were happy to have extra leaves to sell as they wanted more.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

10. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:Better yet, tell him you had already sold all of your bags of leaves to someone (on the rich side of town) and were happy to have extra leaves to sell as they wanted more.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

LOL we shoulda!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by