WWYD....long wait on eggs...eggbid

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by amyquilt, Jan 26, 2009.

1. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Ok, I won an auction on eggbid back in December. I also added 2 additional dozen eggs to the sale. The seller and I agreed on a shipping date of around January 6, and I sent payment on January 2. Now it's the 26th and still no eggs shipped. He keeps telling me it's because of the cold and the eggs freeze within an hour. Well, I've gotten hatching eggs from other people in cold regions with no issues. I've kept in contact with him and he does respond, though is a little slow. He does have feedback back in the summer about the same type issues, but recent feedback is all good.

I don't want to go past my time to file a paypal claim but I'm getting really stressed. I have $66 tied up with him and my bator has been empty for 2 weeks. [​IMG]

I just emailed him asking for a refund and that I would then get eggs in the spring when weather isn't an issue.

What's your opinion how to handle this situation???

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I would have also asked for a refund, and then buy the eggs in the spring.

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Forgot to include, I'm thinking of giving him only 24 hours to respond to my request then filing with paypal. Should I give him longer to reply?

4. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I would inform him you want a refund and file for a refund with paypal. I had to do the same thing with some eggs I ordered in NOV. They were not a auction, but saw the persons website on the auction and ordered from the website. After talking back in forth in emails I paid with paypal and never heard back from them again. I waited 3 weeks wrote 5 emails and no response. Filed for refund with paypal, he never answered thier emails, so after 20 more days I finally got a refund.

5. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I would just tell him you want to refund and file for it right after. If you ask for the refund and then he says he will go ahead and mail the eggs now, you never know what you might get in the mail. Just my opinion.

6. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

I would give him 48 hours to give you a refund. Not everyone is online each and every day. If he doesn't make it right within those 48 hours, then I would file a complaint.

7. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:You know, I didn't think about that. I went ahead and filed the claim.

8. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Who did you win from? I won an auction about 10 days ago, paid promptly and have heard NOTHING since. PM me if you don't want to say on the board.

Katie

9. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    the auction was from dickschicks

10. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I was trying to buy from him, and he just stopped communicating.

Mine is from x-treme game birds and poultry. They have my money, but I don't have birds!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by