1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wyandotte Crosses

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chewbagawk, May 21, 2015.

1. Blackberry18

Blackberry18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    haha I'm hoping to minor in genetics, though. I do love the lovely patterns of Wyandottes, especially the Silver-Penciled. Wish there was a Golden-Penciled. The Partridge variety kind of is, but not really.

2. Chewbagawk

Chewbagawk Out Of The Brooder

Maybe someday there will be a Golden Pencilled, with people such as yourself working in genetics! I'm taking the boring route and majoring in finance, haha

3. Blackberry18

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    haha I hope so. I'm mostly going to double major in Geology and Biology; I'm planning to work as a palaeontologist.

4. Chewbagawk

Good for you!

5. Blackberry18

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    Thanks! Do you have Wyandottes?

6. Chewbagawk

Not yet, but I am definitely getting some once the order comes in at the feed store. This time next week, I think I'll own at least one. First time I'll have ever had chickens in general, haha

7. Blackberry18

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    That's great! I've never had Wyandottes, mostly I've got Sex-Links, Barred Rocks, and Leghorns.

8. Chewbagawk

I'm planning on getting a large variety. I'm getting a Buff Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock, and a Wyandotte!

9. Blackberry18

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    Awesome! All those breeds are great! I was going to get some New Hampshires last weekend from my friend, but the day before I was supposed to buy them, the Minnesota Board of Health and U of M shut down all poultry shows and is not permitting any selling of poultry. My poor friend. She just became a certified hatchery, and has 400+ chicks, along with 25 or more poults. Now she's stuck with them all.

10. Chewbagawk

Bummer! Was there an outbreak or something like that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by