Wyandotte, Orpington, or Something Else?

No I don’t unfortunately. Mine was the only chicken I didn’t worry about, she was slow growning and last to lay. But she still has a tiny comb and waddles. I posted a picture, you know, any excuse to share our chickens 😂

Awesome! I hope yours is an australorp then. Enjoy your new new flock - and the original one too! I wish you all the best with them!

Attachments

• FEB07AEA-96E2-4096-A488-BD18BE8B745E.jpeg
    FEB07AEA-96E2-4096-A488-BD18BE8B745E.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 2
Wyandottes are supposed to have rose combs, but the chick in the photo has a single comb.

Australorp seems like a good guess.

No I don’t unfortunately. Mine was the only chicken I didn’t worry about, she was slow growning and last to lay. But she still has a tiny comb and waddles. I posted a picture, you know, any excuse to share our chickens 😂

Awesome! I hope yours is an australorp then. Enjoy your new new flock - and the original one too! I wish you all the best with them!
Aww so cute! She's beautiful. Ahhh chickens just make my heart scream such joy 😂

Thank you! My first flock is Flock Ann as all their middle names are Anne while the new flock is Flock Marie haha. Here is a picture of a few of them lounging 🥰

Thank you for sharing your response and picture!

Attachments

• 20210924_120829.jpg
    20210924_120829.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210924_120918.jpg
    20210924_120918.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 2
Wyandottes are supposed to have rose combs, but the chick in the photo has a single comb.

Australorp seems like a good guess.
That is what I am thinking too. I am wondering of she is actually hen since she was in the wrong brooder when I picked her. Any idea on how to tell this early on?

Not a Wyandotte as it has a single comb and not a rose. What hatchery is carrying Chocolate Orpingtons?
Ah, that makes sense! I'm wondering if maybe if she is a Black Copper Maran...maybe? Haha what do you think?

I got my Chocolate Orpingtons from TSC. I had to because they look like a classic chicken and also I read they can be rare?

Back
Top Bottom