Wyandotte roo or pullet?

Newchickontheblock3

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2022
I cannot determine if this golden laced is a roo or pullet. It looks very similar to the rest of the flock. They are approx 9 weeks.

Attachments

• 20220702_142748.jpg
    20220702_142748.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220702_142746.jpg
    20220702_142746.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 3
This is my first time raising chickens . However, I was a bit confused as the other ones do not have any comb yet. So I assumed it was a roo.
They all have combs from the day they hatch, wyandottes have rose combs which kinda of looks like a dollop of toothpaste and take time to mature. They aren't supposed to have a straight comb like that one but it's just a genetic glitch, not an indication of gender. :] some people want straight comb Wyandotte so they breed for it.

They all have combs from the day they hatch, wyandottes have rose combs which kinda of looks like a dollop of toothpaste and take time to mature. They aren't supposed to have a straight comb like that one but it's just a genetic glitch, not an indication of gender. :] some people want straight comb Wyandotte so they breed for it.
I never even noticed the difference when looking at other pictures until you pointed the differences of combs! Thanks so much! Truly appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom