wyoming

Best of luck to you, keeping fingers and toes crossed as well...
fl.gif

If you have local eggs, the altitude should not be much of an issue for you. Good luck with the shipped eggs, a lot depends upon not only where they came from, but also how they were treated during shipment.

Happy hatching
jumpy.gif

Hello everyone, I'm from Lander! This is our first time with chickens and it's been a blast- they are 8 weeks old and we have six of them. 1 Buff Orpington, 2 Black Australorps, 1 RIR, 1 Barred Rock, and 1 EE. One thing I can say is that they are not enjoying the wind we have had lately in Lander. Usually this time of year, the wind has calmed down but lately....
tongue.gif
For whatever reason they are afraid of it. It's been nice as we have found six other families with backyard chickens within nine blocks of us! Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello.

i know lander and that side of the mountain has been pretty windy my chickens seem to be scared of the rain they huddle under the coup with just the lightest sprinkle...lol good luck with your flock and have fun

We had hail and tornados a couple of days ago. The hail killed 3 of my 7week old Marans. I had hatched them myself, and they all came from really nice dark eggs.
hit.gif
Apparently they didn’t make it back to the coop in time, or under the rabbit hutches quickly enough like the others did. The hail started suddenly without much rain, otherwise they probably would have "come in from the rain"

Hello, thought I would post on this WY thread also.
I live in Cody and have lots
love.gif
of chickens LOL. I started with 20 and have kept adding , you kow chicken math!
I have Lav Orpingtons, Lav Silkies, Lav Ameraucanas and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes not to mention an assortment of BYM.
Am going to scale down to only the 4 mentioned above but am really wanting to get frizzle cochins soooooooooooooooooo just received some eggs and am incubating.
fl.gif

Ayda

We had hail and tornados a couple of days ago. The hail killed 3 of my 7week old Marans. I had hatched them myself, and they all came from really nice dark eggs.
hit.gif
Apparently they didn’t make it back to the coop in time, or under the rabbit hutches quickly enough like the others did. The hail started suddenly without much rain, otherwise they probably would have "come in from the rain"
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that!!! That's awful!
hugs.gif
When I first started putting them out in their run, their chicken coop wasn't finished. So we just took them out during the day and brought them in at night. One day a few weeks ago, the sky got pretty dark so I ran home from my grandmother's house to bring them in. It's a good thing I got there quickly because as soon as I got them back in their brooder, the hail hit. I have no doubt it would have killed them. So I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :( And hello to the other posters from WY. So glad to know I'm not alone here!

congrats on the brood im extending my run to accomidate a few more i have 17 in the incubator and we willsee what happens ...i am even considering getting a few cornish x but we will see

Back
Top Bottom