Y'all Rock!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aidensmomma, Sep 20, 2013.

1. aidensmomma

aidensmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    North Central Florida
    Someone PLEASE tell me that each subsequent hatch gets less stressful!!!!
    I'm SO nervous about these babies it's almost silly. I'm going to guess I'm not alone... [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    It is amazing you can get attached to an egg isn't it. And as for actually hatching, you mean everyone doesn't check the incubator every 2.3 seconds when chicks start hatching? Good luck with your guys, have a good hatch. :jumpy

3. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Oh goodness. My first hatch was so stressful. Every minute I checked the incubator. Even in the middle of the night! And yes, it does get a lot easier. [​IMG] Good luck with your hatch!! I've got eggs in my incubator too! [​IMG]

4. aidensmomma

aidensmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    North Central Florida
    Mine don't go into lockdown until Tuesday...and I'm still this nervous! The first 5 eggs that are set to go into lockdown are from my Roo who died protecting his girls and 2 of his hens who also died. I have one hen left from my first flock of chickens that I started 3 years ago, so those 5 eggs mean a lot to me. I'm just glad I can say that on this forum and no one thinks it's weird! It's chicken owner therapy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by