Yard Was Sprayed for Grub Control....Help

KelliR

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Six months ago before I had chickens we signed a contract with a lawn maintenance company. I live with my mother and she signed up for all the things she wanted done to the yard. Today she saw them spraying the back yard and she ran out and asked what they were doing. They were spraying for grub control and unfortunately had already sprayed around my coop. The run is in the dirt so I think as long as they are in their pen they will be fine, but I wonder how long it will be before I can let them out into the yard again? She stopped them and told them that we DID NOT want any pesticides on our lawn ever but it is too late at this point. They suggested watering the area down really well to dilute the spray. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, what did you do?
sad.png

Well the guy spraying it said he wouldn't use it on his lawn and said it wasn't good for the bees and butterflies so I can't imagine that it is not harmful. I can't remember the name of the people who do our yard but will look when I get home. Let's just say it is super bad.....what can I do?

Ugh, how terrible. I'd like to know how to get rid of poison in sprayed soil too.

I would leave your chickens in the coop for a while. I am very sorry you have to go through this.

I watered the lawn down...like soaked it so the grass has been rinsed but will be a few cuttings until I feel comfy letting them out.

Well the guy spraying it said he wouldn't use it on his lawn and said it wasn't good for the bees and butterflies so I can't imagine that it is not harmful. I can't remember the name of the people who do our yard but will look when I get home. Let's just say it is super bad.....what can
I would be keeping the birds well away from the sprayed area until you get the name of the product. I would also be telling them to never, ever spray my yard again with such toxic chemicals.

Back
Top Bottom