Yardbird Plucker for Quail ?

Is a quail about the size of a turkey neck?
I take the neck and feet off heritage turkeys before I put them in. Even the biggest that dress out 17 lbs, the 1 lb neck didn't pluck. I thrown the neck in and it slipped past the feather plate or jammed up.

It's easier honestly to just skin quail or scale if you must have that skin. Takes me about 15 minutes a bird from the first cut to weighing the carcass, and I'm not really a fast person. It's just like undressing the bird

It's easier honestly to just skin quail or scale if you must have that skin. Takes me about 15 minutes a bird from the first cut to weighing the carcass, and I'm not really a fast person. It's just like undressing the bird
I just did 24 this past week. I want skin on and not wanting to do them by hand again. A few is no big deal but larger amounts not really interested in plucking by hand. Yes I scalded them.

I would be afraid they'd either just toss around or they'd jam around the bottom edge. Hopefully someone else has tried it, otherwise you'll have to try yourself and report back...

Back
Top Bottom