1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Yay 18 out of 21 hatched!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by greeneggsandham, Mar 26, 2008.

1. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Songster

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    Well I took a shot and decided that I wanted to hatch out some of my chickens eggs. I knew the rooster was having fun with the ladies so I assumed the eggs were fertile. I bought a new Hova Bator with fan and turner. Followed all the directions to a T and ended up with theses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two eggs never developed and one had a hard time hatching and ended up passing away a day later. But I am thrilled with the end result. They are in a temp brooder until the weekend and then will be put in a larger one so they can move around more.

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    How terribly cute! And what a variety you have there...what kind are they?

3. suenrob

suenrob Songster

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Great Hatch, Congrats!!!!!

4. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Songster

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    For hens I have a Rhode Island Red, Speckled Sussex, Buff Orphinton, Black Australorps, White Rock, and a few Easter Egger's. The rooster is a RIR cross. I will have to post pictures of him later for you all to see. They are just a big ole melting pot of different chickens. [​IMG]

5. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Songster

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Quite a success, especially for your first try!

6. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Songster

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Holy smokes! I laid down for a nap and the next thing you know it's the year 2031! [​IMG]

Beautiful babies, congrats on your great hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: