Yay! EEs are finally laying!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by AngieChick, Feb 8, 2009.

1. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

After 30 weeks, I finally have some green eggs. out of 4 EE's I have 3 laying, 2 are laying green and one is laying pink. I found the pink one today, it's adorable. These are all in our tummies now [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    YAY...2 out of 5 of mine just layed today too! Isn't it so exciting to find green eggs instead of plain brown? It kind of mixes things up a little bit.[​IMG]

3. chookchick

chookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Olympia WA
    Ooh very nice! I can't wait to get some EEs. What are the other two eggs that you have in the picture? I am also really curious about the pink eggs-do they look really pink next to an ordinary brown egg? What does the hen that lays it look like?

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your first EE eggs [​IMG]

5. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Quote:Thank you! It was pretty neat to find them in there.

The two big brown ones are laid by my Golden Comets, red sex links. They are lovely sweet birds and prolific layers. They started a full 7 weeks before the EEs did.

The pink one is laid by an EE. I am not sure which one. It looks like a light tan egg with a pink cast to it. It's a very pretty egg. EEs can lay green, blue, brown or pink eggs, I'm not sure what other types of chickens (if any) lay pink eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by