Yay! getting more ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I found a nice lady on craigslist that had about 15 extra ducks for sale. She also has 2 crested hens [​IMG]. I have been trying to find another crested Pekin but these will just have to do!...and i am okay with that [​IMG]

1 hen is a FW runner, Crested! [​IMG]
    1 hen is a swedish/runner, Crested! [​IMG]

and she also has smooth Pekin & Buff Hens, i think i will get at least 1 Pekin. Maybe, possibly, i might get a crested Magpie drake, but im not sure yet. if i do get him i will have to seperate/split up the smooth & crested hens between him & my smooth Blue Swedish drake...might be too much of a pain in the butt.

it's probably a GOOD thing i am having someone else pick them up for me, that way i cant fall in love and bring them all home! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

I saw that ad too!

Congrats [​IMG]

3. Squirtchy2009

Squirtchy2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Essex
    I envy you lol, i only have four call ducks [​IMG], how many will that take you too now? [​IMG]

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Let's see here...

Not counting the 3 extra boys...

I have about 10 mucsovy, and a few babies & about 15 eggs in the incubator!

and 1 blue swede & 3 pekin hens (2 crested)

I am getting these other girls for him so i don't have to worry about him overbreeding the 3. i was really hoping for another crested pekin but these will just have to do. I WAS really trying to cut back on the non-scovy ducks, but i cant help myself, i just love them all and i miss our old ducks(we had like 46! all different breeds!)

i talked to her again and it looks like maybe just the 2 crested, she's decided not to get rid of ehr older hens (buff & pekins), but who knows, i might have to make my way out there and pick them out myself...i'm just TOO excited! [​IMG]

ETA: she has a lot of "babies" form the older hens it sounds like. so there's probably some really cute mixes [​IMG]

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Someone else saw my Wanted ad for Crested Hens on craigslist and sent me an e mail saying they had a whole bunch! I'm just waiting to hear back form them now

im so excited, i've been reposting for weeks now. i really only want to get at most, 5 more hens, but i can't wait to go see them [​IMG]

6. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:Agreed! I finally convinced the rents to let me get another drake so I can fill my incubator quicker.

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Good for you! Congrats on your new ducks![​IMG]

8. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Quote:LOL. As I was reading this I was thinking you'd might come home with more if you weren't careful. Then I got to the part that someone else was picking them up. Good idea! Congrats BTW.

9. streemers

streemers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    congrats on the new ducks!!
    i read that you want more crested pekins...your not going to breed them together are you? didnt know if you know but you will get a high death rate:(

10. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Nope, breeding smooth drake to crested hens.

i am goign to stop back by the ladies house today to see her other hens. she doesnt want them to get eaten but shes forced to have to take them to the suction if she cant find a home for them....their fate is pretty much sealed by taking them to the auction...theres always a lto of duck eaters there.

just gotta see if shell go down on the price, i dont have THAT much money to spend. especially with having to put up a new pen for them.

theyre all light brown & white...they sound so cute [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by