YAY!! Monarc LOOOOOOK!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by KyleD., May 8, 2009.

1. KyleD.

KyleD. Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    I just now got home from school and work and went to check on the little guys and laying in the pen is this....
    [​IMG]
    My first little quail eggie [​IMG] !!

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    YAY!!! Congratulations Kyle!!! You got them faster than I thought you would look at that!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the first egg is always the best!!! Soon you'll get so many everday it wont be as exciting anymore but the first is always the best! [​IMG] Pretty lil bugger too!! [​IMG] What's your plans for it? Eat or inc?

3. KyleD.

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    I took a double take looking in there lol. I'm probaly going to just eat this one. I'll wait until the start laying real good before i decide to incubate.

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    KyleD. :

I took a double take looking in there lol. I'm probaly going to just eat this one. I'll wait until the start laying real good before i decide to incubate.

ooo yummy! will this be your first time eating a coturnix quail egg? The first time I did i fried it (took less than a second to fry lol) and it was soo goood! LOL!​

5. KyleD.

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    Yep very first time! I'm excited. My quail started to lay my plants are growing and my bean and okra seed are up to 3 inches now. Its been a great day. [​IMG]

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    KyleD. :

Yep very first time! I'm excited. My quail started to lay my plants are growing and my bean and okra seed are up to 3 inches now. Its been a great day. [​IMG]

wooohooo!!!! that's great!!!

yesterday we put in a small pond for our mallard ducklings, and today Ronnie helped me put hardware cloth on the bottom of my newer quail pens so the birds aren't having to walk like they're ona tight rope (the wire spacing was too far apart to be comfortable). Then we mowed...so I feel accomplished today... still got one more pen of the newer cages to wire up...but already moved some youngster coturnix and marans out into the ones that are finished so more room in my brooder! [​IMG]

Oh and I am finnally growing something that may be edible to me if the ducks dont get to it first! I uprooted some wild strawberries and planted them in the fence (where all my birds are housed) those are the BEST strawberries ever. [​IMG] Im sure the ducks will get to them before I do though [​IMG]

7. KyleD.

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    Lets hope not! [​IMG] i love strawberry cobbler its so good. i bet you do feel accomplished. Oh one more thing i got paid so its even better! As soon as i'm getting 5 a day, I'm sending some your way for testing!!

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    KyleD. :

Lets hope not! [​IMG] i love strawberry cobbler its so good. i bet you do feel accomplished. Oh one more thing i got paid so its even better! As soon as i'm getting 5 a day, I'm sending some your way for testing!!

WOOHOO!!! LOL yeppers I'll test for ya! And remember offer still stands to get eggs from me too! [​IMG]

9. KyleD.

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    I may have to take it up once i get around to sending yours and they hatch [​IMG]

10. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    KyleD. :

I may have to take it up once i get around to sending yours and they hatch [​IMG]

Ooh i see how it is! LOL! you only want eggs if you feel like the eggs you send me hatch. Well that's kind of you but you're a goofball [​IMG] hehe​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by