YAY!! Monarc LOOOOOOK!!

KyleD.

Songster
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
south carolina
I just now got home from school and work and went to check on the little guys and laying in the pen is this....
22337_p1000039.jpg

My first little quail eggie
wee.gif
!!

YAY!!! Congratulations Kyle!!! You got them faster than I thought you would look at that!!!

woot.gif

celebrate.gif

the first egg is always the best!!! Soon you'll get so many everday it wont be as exciting anymore but the first is always the best!
big_smile.png
Pretty lil bugger too!!
big_smile.png
What's your plans for it? Eat or inc?

I took a double take looking in there lol. I'm probaly going to just eat this one. I'll wait until the start laying real good before i decide to incubate.

KyleD. :

I took a double take looking in there lol. I'm probaly going to just eat this one. I'll wait until the start laying real good before i decide to incubate.

ooo yummy! will this be your first time eating a coturnix quail egg? The first time I did i fried it (took less than a second to fry lol) and it was soo goood! LOL!​

Yep very first time! I'm excited. My quail started to lay my plants are growing and my bean and okra seed are up to 3 inches now. Its been a great day.
big_smile.png

KyleD. :

Yep very first time! I'm excited. My quail started to lay my plants are growing and my bean and okra seed are up to 3 inches now. Its been a great day.
big_smile.png

wooohooo!!!! that's great!!!

yesterday we put in a small pond for our mallard ducklings, and today Ronnie helped me put hardware cloth on the bottom of my newer quail pens so the birds aren't having to walk like they're ona tight rope (the wire spacing was too far apart to be comfortable). Then we mowed...so I feel accomplished today... still got one more pen of the newer cages to wire up...but already moved some youngster coturnix and marans out into the ones that are finished so more room in my brooder!
celebrate.gif

Oh and I am finnally growing something that may be edible to me if the ducks dont get to it first! I uprooted some wild strawberries and planted them in the fence (where all my birds are housed) those are the BEST strawberries ever.
smile.png
Im sure the ducks will get to them before I do though
lau.gif

Lets hope not!
fl.gif
i love strawberry cobbler its so good. i bet you do feel accomplished. Oh one more thing i got paid so its even better! As soon as i'm getting 5 a day, I'm sending some your way for testing!!

KyleD. :

Lets hope not!
fl.gif
i love strawberry cobbler its so good. i bet you do feel accomplished. Oh one more thing i got paid so its even better! As soon as i'm getting 5 a day, I'm sending some your way for testing!!

WOOHOO!!! LOL yeppers I'll test for ya! And remember offer still stands to get eggs from me too!
big_smile.png

KyleD. :

I may have to take it up once i get around to sending yours and they hatch
big_smile.png

Ooh i see how it is! LOL! you only want eggs if you feel like the eggs you send me hatch. Well that's kind of you but you're a goofball
hugs.gif
hehe​

Back
Top Bottom