YAY! Ordered new chicks - about 18 too many!

I ordered about 18 too many last year and uhm.....I still have them and my hubby built me 4 coops to house them. Now we get 21 eggs a day (have other chickens) and he loves selling the eggs to his co workers! (I sold two sort of well okay I traded two but I never got the eggs -- but I don't need the eggs so I guess I gave two away)

We built the additional coops from pallets we got for free just by asking!

Caroline

I live close enough to you and have a hatch coming April 2nd, so I'd be happy to take large fowl extras off your hands if you are desperate. No bantams tho!!
smile.png
I would have pitched in on your order if I had known - too hard for me to get deliveries 'in person'..
smile.png

Around here there seems to be more "wanted for sale" than for sale on craigslist. I think this is a fine way to go, depending on the age, you could get $5.00 to $10.00 for them and get to keep the ones you have. I did the math once, and it was cheaper to buy a 10 month hen over a chick with straight feed. If you could free-range them, you could even break a profit!..

I am watching TSC and might buy 6 more Wayndotte's if they show up. I would sell and sort out the extras depending on what ones I like.

Back
Top Bottom