1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

yeah Caldwell Idaho!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by CANDLE98, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
  2. mrsbos

mrsbos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Greenacres, WA
    Yea!!! Every city that goes "pro-chicken" helps others in their fight to make their backyard chickens legal. Wish my county would change it's zoning ordinance (they've ignored lobbyists efforts to change the laws), but in the mean time my illegal girls are in my backyard to stay unless officials crack down on them.

3. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    You know that suprises me that washington doesn't have anything for chickens, there are so many 'greeners' there that want to do everything organic and live off the land that i thought they would have an impact on chickens

4. mrsbos

mrsbos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Greenacres, WA
    There are plenty of cities in Washington that allow chickens (Seattle and Spokane included). In Spokane County (eastern WA) where I live, most of the cities around me have ordinances allowing chickens, it's just in the unincorporated county area that I live in, that DOESN'T allow chickens in residential areas...even if you have an acre of land! Stupid county zoning laws!

5. Auburnchick

Auburnchick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:That's wonderful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by