Yeah Early Christmas Present !! Lavender Orps !!

Here is my Lav girl Sugar Plum:

106915_img_2974.jpg

106915_img_2960.jpg

106915_img_2964.jpg

They are such eye candy aren't they?

Thanks for all the information. I did get it raised. I have gotten the temp to 80 degrees (10 days old) they seem content with that. Just hope all goes well and none get sick. Once I turn the bathroom light off and all they have is the heat lamp they all lay down and sleep.

Quote:
They are precious!
My husband said the parents to my chicks were really nice looking chickens.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think HINK-JC line. I am just starting with chickens so I am not sure about lines that they come from. Have you ever heard of that one? I had seen these and they were from my hometown so my husband went and got them for me.

Hink-JC birds are gorgeous! You are going to have some little beauties! Are they straight run? How are they doing?

I am purchasing some English Imported BBS orpingtons in Jan, and I am a little worried about the 3 hr drive....... how far did yours travel?

Hope your babies are doing well

I have only used regular light bulbs. I bought 100, 75, 60 and 25 (didn't have 40) watt bulbs and downgraded as the chicks got older and moved away from the lamp. Worked fine. Don't recommend it for a brooder in your bedroom, though
roll.png

I was having trouble keeping the temp constant, too. I found a thermostat for reptile cages called an R-ZILLA 1000watt on the internet that allows me to plug heat lamps (3) into it and set the temp. between 60 and 120 degrees farenheit. Very happy with it. It costs about $29 (Amazon) but I don't cook or freeze the chics. It also has proved to be accurate. Hope this helps! And your babies are beautiful!!!

Oh, P.S., when the lamp gets to 95 it shuts off the heat lamp. When it gets below 95, it cuts the heat lamp on. You can plug from 1-3 heat lamps in, but I have only needed 1. As long as you don't exceed 1000 watts, which a 250 watt heat bulb does not, you are good to go. Also, you aren't urning the heat lamps all night if you don't need them.

What precious chicklets
love.gif
hugs.gif
I have three Lav Orps I was lucky enough to get from Glenda's - Charm1704's beautiful eggs I won here at the Auction Thread. Two pullets and a Roo
celebrate.gif
They are Hink-Jc's and are just about two months old now
love.gif

group1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom