Year of the Cockerel?

Xouie

Crowing
Jun 11, 2020
SF Bay Area
Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like a lot of people have been posting that they had cockerel-heavy hatches this year. What do you think?

After a quail hatch that was about 60% hens, we were floored when our Swedish Flowers turned out to be 12 cockerels and only 7 hens.

The trip to freezer camp will be tough — these guys are the most friendly, mellow and curious chickens I’ve ever seen, besides being totally gorgeous. The only way I can ever get photos is to sneak up and snap fast before they see me and charge up looking for attention. They usually don’t even grumble about being held by anybody.

Here are some of the future burritos with a couple of hens.

Attachments

• 129364BE-0379-4CDD-AF34-743DA2FB9BF5.jpeg
    129364BE-0379-4CDD-AF34-743DA2FB9BF5.jpeg
    1,006.2 KB · Views: 23
Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like a lot of people have been posting that they had cockerel-heavy hatches this year. What do you think?

After a quail hatch that was about 60% hens, we were floored when our Swedish Flowers turned out to be 12 cockerels and only 7 hens.

The trip to freezer camp will be tough — these guys are the most friendly, mellow and curious chickens I’ve ever seen, besides being totally gorgeous. The only way I can ever get photos is to sneak up and snap fast before they see me and charge up looking for attention. They usually don’t even grumble about being held by anybody.

Here are some of the future burritos with a couple of hens.

Your boys are so handsome! Are you going to keep a boy to put with your 7 girls? Maybe next hatch will be a better ratio.

Back
Top Bottom