Yellow beak on black skinned Silkie Chick?

I'm grasping at straws here, but does the father look like he might have some patterning on the wings? Maybe if you squint?
$_59.jpeg
My barred baby stands taller than the other 3, so I'm barely holding on to hope with my finger nails, but I really wanted a cuckoo girl to pair with my cuckoo goof ball rooster :barnie the other 3, I'll be happy with either sex, I just can't make up my mind if I should try to rehome this one now while it's still at this adorable stage, or grow him out to take my pick between my rooster and the new one.

I'm grasping at straws here, but does the father look like he might have some patterning on the wings? Maybe if you squint?
View attachment 2543043
My barred baby stands taller than the other 3, so I'm barely holding on to hope with my finger nails, but I really wanted a cuckoo girl to pair with my cuckoo goof ball rooster :barnie the other 3, I'll be happy with either sex, I just can't make up my mind if I should try to rehome this one now while it's still at this adorable stage, or grow him out to take my pick between my rooster and the new one.

I can kinda see what you mean about the wings, still I'd be surprised if he was barred. :oops:

If it isn't too hard to rehome an adult I'd want to grow the little one out to see which of the two cuckoo boys has the nicer overall type. I have a tough time finding homes for adults or chicks that are male though, I hope you have better luck! At least cuckoo being a hard to get color in silkies might make it a bit easier to find one of your boys a new home. :fl

Back
Top Bottom