Yellow bumps in chickens throat- please help I'm desperate

i was going to try later, but it's really far back in his throat, I'd need a helper and nobody here is willing at the moment.
I've looked up pictures for both but i still can't tell. I'm starting to panic i think rooster is having trouble breathing, his face has been getting pale randomly and then turning red again a few seconds later.
Sometimes it can be hard to tell if it's Canker or Wet Form Fowl Pox. As suggested, you can use Copper Sulfate to help treat both.

Both can be complicated with respiratory symptoms as well. You need to try to determine if he has Wet Pox or Canker since one is a virus and the other is cause by a protozoa. Treatment would be different.

Antibiotics like Tetracyclines or Baytril can help with secondary infection from Fowl Pox, but you would need an antiprotozal/bacteriocidal antibiotic like Metronidazole (Flagyl) to treat Canker.

The difficulty breathing is very concerning - are the bumps in the back of the throat large? You mention he has a runny nose - are his nostrils clogged up? I would try not to stress him any more than you have to, but wipe his nostrils clean if they are plugged up. If you have the Copper Sulfate on hand, go ahead and add that to his water (do you have a photo of the Copper Sulfate you have?)

Don't worry about trying to get him to eat, but try to keep him hydrated if you can.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell if it's Canker or Wet Form Fowl Pox. As suggested, you can use Copper Sulfate to help treat both.

Both can be complicated with respiratory symptoms as well. You need to try to determine if he has Wet Pox or Canker since one is a virus and the other is cause by a protozoa. Treatment would be different.

Antibiotics like Tetracyclines or Baytril can help with secondary infection from Fowl Pox, but you would need an antiprotozal/bacteriocidal antibiotic like Metronidazole (Flagyl) to treat Canker.

The difficulty breathing is very concerning - are the bumps in the back of the throat large? You mention he has a runny nose - are his nostrils clogged up? I would try not to stress him any more than you have to, but wipe his nostrils clean if they are plugged up. If you have the Copper Sulfate on hand, go ahead and add that to his water (do you have a photo of the Copper Sulfate you have?)

Don't worry about trying to get him to eat, but try to keep him hydrated if you can.
The ones i can see are very small, his nostrils are clear. I don't have copper sulfate on hand i just know of it. He is still eating and drinking and doing all of his rooster things, he's still active and all.
I was unable to get pictures of the bumps they're very small and on the very back of his throat, I'm going to try a bit later with a flash light, my mom ended up helping me.
i am definitely going to treat for canker just in case, I'm going to the feed store soon, can i buy copper sulfate there? If not where can i find it? I was also going to buy some vitamins, more VetRx (since i conveniently just used up the last of what i had), more nutridrench.
would Tylan50 help him at all with his respiratory troubles? I know it's ineffective against fowl pox but could it help him breath better? His breathing still sounds normal and it doesn't look laboured but his face turns pale and i think it's due to lack of oxygen.

Is this copper sulfate okay?
https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Sulfa...81&sr=8-1&keywords=copper+sulfate+for+poultry

His breathing still sounds normal and it doesn't look laboured but his face turns pale and i think it's due to lack of oxygen.

You need Acidified Copper Sulfate, you can find it online at most hatcheries and online livestock supply.

It's hard to know whether to use the Tylan50 or not - if he does not have respiratory symptoms that indicate infection, it probably would not be effective. Paleness can be from a number of things - can you post a picture of his face? How old is he?

detail.jpg

https://www.jefferspet.com/products/acidified-copper-sulfate-1

You need Acidified Copper Sulfate, you can find it online at most hatcheries and online livestock supply.

It's hard to know whether to use the Tylan50 or not - if he does not have respiratory symptoms that indicate infection, it probably would not be effective. Paleness can be from a number of things - can you post a picture of his face? How old is he?

detail.jpg

https://www.jefferspet.com/products/acidified-copper-sulfate-1
Okay thank you-
He is a year and almost four months, the paleness comes and goes, i haven't managed to get any pictures yet, but it's like his fave just looses color and then it usually returns a few minutes later. I'm going to go ahead and order copper sulfate, I'm going to give rooster some VetRx to help his breathing, and i currently have nutridrench in all of the waters.

Okay so i checked on roosters and my hen Freyas throats, and i can't find the yellow bumps. It's weird, yesterday they were clear as day yellow, cheesy looking bumps, today there was no sign of them.
and tonight when i went out to do the headcount before bed, rooster was roosting and his usually red ear lobes were almost white. He was fine, i panicked and made him stand up and the color returned within a few minutes but tomorrow i am going to start him on Tylan50 since he has some symptoms that look like a respiratory infection, and then I'm going to treat the flock for canker since i am sure i saw the yellow bumps yesterday. I want to start my flock on vitamins as well, i have nutridrench in the waters right now to give them a boost.
Should i stop giving nutridrench and give some different vitamins instead?
I'm going to give rooster some VetRx as well since i don't think it could do any harm and might help him breathe better.
So in short, tomorrow rooster will be starting Tylan50 for five days orally, I'll be putting VetRx in his mouth and around his nostrils every morning and night, after he's done with Tylan50 (friday probably) I'll add the acidified copper sulfate to the water to treat for canker (or I'll give that while he's on Tylan if that's okay, i just don't want to risk hurting him), and throughout I'm hoping to give vitamins to everyone in treats in case it is fowl pox. That's just what I'm planning to do, I'm not sure if all of this is okay to do at once of its not please tell me.
Yesterday's bumps could've been food stuck, but i checked multiple times throughout the day and saw the same things and then tonight they were just gone. I'm checking again in the morning before they eat anything.
What else can i do here? Or am i doing anything wrong? I need to figure out what's wrong I'm leaving for a week at the end of the month and they need to at least be recovering by then.
this is his face, it's normally a lot brighter and more red, it gets paler then this at times, like i said his ear lobes were almost white tonight before going back up to red.
IMG_20180903_095032.jpg

If he’s molting they usually don’t look or feel the best.
Rooster is going through his first adult molt, so I'm thinking that's one thing making him feel bad, it's certainly not helping anything. Can i treat them with copper sulfate while rooster is on Tylan50? I think he may have a respiratory infection.

Rooster looks fine. If he is actually breathing fine he doesn’t need Tylan. You don’t need to medicate birds all the time. If he’s acting normal let him be. I don’t see any signs of fowl pox and you said his mouth is clear. You can rub his face with Vaseline or vetrx or both mixed.

Back
Top Bottom