Yellow Diarrhea

ChikinInThePines

Songster
6 Years
Mar 13, 2017
South Carolina, USA
Hey Everyone!
My wife and I acquired 6 heritage turkeys a couple of months ago (Narragansett). These are more of "pets" than anything. Today, I realized that one of the gobblers near me poo'd a yellowish/mustard color which was a little more watery than usual. I walked over to it and noticed a strong odor from it as well. They seem to be active, flying, calling, etc. Nothing very abnormal. We do keep our turkeys with our chickens in their run AND coop at night. Our coop is very large and houses all of them comfortably.
I am fearful about Blackhead as I know it is possible especially when keeping chickens and turkeys together. Is there anything I can give my turkeys profilactically? Or even to treat ALL of our birds?

Hey Everyone!
My wife and I acquired 6 heritage turkeys a couple of months ago (Narragansett). These are more of "pets" than anything. Today, I realized that one of the gobblers near me poo'd a yellowish/mustard color which was a little more watery than usual. I walked over to it and noticed a strong odor from it as well. They seem to be active, flying, calling, etc. Nothing very abnormal. We do keep our turkeys with our chickens in their run AND coop at night. Our coop is very large and houses all of them comfortably.
I am fearful about Blackhead as I know it is possible especially when keeping chickens and turkeys together. Is there anything I can give my turkeys profilactically? Or even to treat ALL of our birds?
@casportpony

I just wanted to update here. The droppings of all our turkeys have gone back to normal. Some are a little "brownish/green" colored, but mostly normal.
Hi Im new to the turkey world as well and was just wondering what you gave your turkey to make him better or did he get better on his own? Did you give him Antibiotics or electrolytes ?

Back
Top Bottom