Yellow earlobes?

rosemarysugar

Songster
Mar 1, 2018
Meeker, Colorado
I have what I believe to be a wheaten americauna. She started laying blue eggs last yr. Over the winter, her earlobs have turned bright yellow. I don't recall what they were in the fall but they weren't bright yellow!! Anybody seen this before or do I have another chicken that's dying of some terrible disease?

I have what I believe to be a wheaten americauna. She started laying blue eggs last yr. Over the winter, her earlobs have turned bright yellow. I don't recall what they were in the fall but they weren't bright yellow!! Anybody seen this before or do I have another chicken that's dying of some terrible disease?
Do you have pictures by chance?

One minute and I'll try.
20210120_165828.jpg

She is most likely just yellow skinned, if you you a look at some of the show leghorns you may see the same yellow ears.
The yellow is removed while hens lay starting at the vent and working its way up the body to her head, then when they go off the lay the colour returns starting at the vent and working up. So it makes perfect sense that she didn't have yellow ears before while she was laying and over winter her ears have gone yellow. :)

Back
Top Bottom