Yellow from ks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ellie May89, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Ellie May89

Ellie May89 New Egg

Mar 29, 2017
    Ks
    Hello, my name is Emma.

We have had out coop since last summer. Many trials and errors. I think we may finally be getting a hang of this chicken thing.
    As a kid we had chickens, ducks, goats etc.. It was an 'almost farm'. ;) I loooove ducks but don't keep many cause I don't have the heart to butcher a duck and they are difficult to rehome around here.

Anyway, we are starting over on the chickens. We have 11 brahma chicks and 3 Indian runner ducklings all about a week old. My son would like to do 4 h so we will see what that brings in the future.

Nice to be here! Looking forward to learning more!

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Great to have another poultry lover!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from a fellow Kansan, Emma, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! It's always great to see Sunflower Staters on BYC!! What made you choose Brahmas? That's a breed I've never had even though I've had many others. Anyway, if you want to gain some fast knowledge on all things chicken, check out the the wonderful articles of the Learning Center here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Also, if you'd like to chat with some fellow Kansas poultry folk, find the KS thread in the link below:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Pleased you joined BYC and best wishes to you and your flock! [​IMG]

4. king tail

king tail Show Jumping Dreamer Premium Member

Oct 6, 2014
    at a horse show
    Welcome to BYC Emma!!!! [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Emma, hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    PS I've heard from others that they can't process ducks either. They just have the sweetest big eyes[​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Emma, it's nice to have you here!

Best of luck to your son with 4H!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Emma [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by