Yellow Lavender Orpingtons?

My lavender Orpingtons where the soft gray and yellow in a tuxedo pattern. Some with more yellow and less yellow. I found they have mottleing. It was so hard to see on the lavender back ground but a random assortment of their feathers have white tips.

My lavender Orpingtons where the soft gray and yellow in a tuxedo pattern. Some with more yellow and less yellow. I found they have mottleing. It was so hard to see on the lavender back ground but a random assortment of their feathers have white tips.
That interesting, I bet they are pretty, it's fun to see stuff hatching that you weren't expecting.

That interesting, I bet they are pretty, it's fun to see stuff hatching that you weren't expecting.
Going to hav small clutch hatched by a broody that will be intresting. I have 10 hens, lavender mottled orpington, silver Phoenix, gold Phoenix, blue Ameraucana and silver Spangled Apenzeller Spitzhauben. I had 9 roosters now down to 6. They are blue Ameraucana, lavender Ameraucana, gold & silver Phoenix, silver Spangled Apenzeller Spitzhauben. Broody has a few of each hens eggs under her. Should be fun looking EEs!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Going to hav small clutch hatched by a broody that will be intresting. I have 10 hens, lavender mottled orpington, silver Phoenix, gold Phoenix, blue Ameraucana and silver Spangled Apenzeller Spitzhauben. I had 9 roosters now down to 6. They are blue Ameraucana, lavender Ameraucana, gold & silver Phoenix, silver Spangled Apenzeller Spitzhauben. Broody has a few of each hens eggs under her. Should be fun looking EEs!
Oh, yeah, definitely have some unique colors and patterns in that group đź‘Ś

So, I have updated pics of the yellow lavender possible Isabel "whatever they are" chicks, they are growing in at least part lavender. I cannot wait to them as adults. This is so exciting!!!

Attachments

• 20230317_075821.jpg
    20230317_075821.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230317_075831.jpg
    20230317_075831.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 6
So, I have updated pics of the yellow lavender possible Isabel "whatever they are" chicks, they are growing in at least part lavender. I cannot wait to them as adults. This is so exciting!!!
I had some like that. They had white tips on the wing tips like that as well. Turned out they have mottleing. That may be your case as well.

Back
Top Bottom