Yellow loose stools

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MysticScorpio82, Oct 8, 2011.

1. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    I have a 6 month old Barred Rock. She has wry neck; I have been administering Vitamin E x2 daily (400 I...whatever).

The wry neck is improving, however since I began treatment (3 days ago) she has now developed yellow, runny stools. Is it just a result of the vitamins or is there something else I should look into?

Also I noticed that one of her pupils is dialated (sp?) whereas the other is normal. Is this just a result of wry neck?

Thank you in advance for any help. [​IMG]

2. MysticScorpio82

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Anyone?

3. MysticScorpio82

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Well she died. Thank you everyone for the help... [​IMG]

4. fezlet

fezlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2011
    Alabama
    I wish I'd seen this. I'm so sorry you lost her [​IMG]. Mine also has yellow loose stools.

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Sorry for your loss. The yellow loose feces couldve been caused by the vitamins. I've never dealt with wry neck, I couldnt have helped you there, sorry.

6. MysticScorpio82

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Quote:Thank you. I am not sure what caused the loose stools, so I was hoping that someone with more experience than I, would be able to offer some ideas or advice. I hope your hen gets better! [​IMG]

7. fezlet

fezlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:Thank you. I am not sure what caused the loose stools, so I was hoping that someone with more experience than I, would be able to offer some ideas or advice. I hope your hen gets better! [​IMG]

[​IMG] I just now researched. Could be caused by worms? Blackhead makes "sulfur-yellow" stools but it's extremely rare in chickens. So my guess would be worms. [​IMG] Sorry again you lost your baby [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by