Yellow stool!!! Help!

sdm1908

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 15, 2014
Florida, USA
One of my hens (ironically her name is Henrietta) is sick :(. Her stool is a yellow color, she isn't eating much and she's sluggish. What is this? Are there any natural remedies? I tried garlic but she didn't eat much/any. Does she need to go to a vet?
Please help!!!

One of my hens (ironically her name is Henrietta) is sick
sad.png
. Her stool is a yellow color, she isn't eating much and she's sluggish. What is this? Are there any natural remedies? I tried garlic but she didn't eat much/any. Does she need to go to a vet?
Please help!!!
How old is she? What are you feeding her? Has anything changed recently for her? Do you have a picture of her?

In the mean time, try feeding her some plain, organic yogurt mixed with boiled egg yolk. Look here to see if you can find a match: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0

How old is she? What are you feeding her? Has anything changed recently for her? Do you have a picture of her?

In the mean time, try feeding her some plain, organic yogurt mixed with boiled egg yolk. Look here to see if you can find a match: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0
She is about 7-8 months old. I feed her layerina chicken feed. She got into a fight with my baby roo and every since she's been off. She is a welsummer and okay I will try that but she isn't eating anything.
She does also have some dark stool, but mostly that yellow
I don't have a pic of her from today but here's one from a week ago
Also she hasn't layed in over 2 weeks.

If your young roo is feeling his hormones, he may be harassing her to the point she can not get sufficient food, water or rest. I would separate them to give her a break. How many chickens are in the flock she is in? 
They are separated so that can't be it:
Do you think her egg broke inside of her?
We have 4 hens (including her) and one roo.
2 of the hens are 7-8 months
The other one is 5-6 months
And the last hen is 3 months
The roo is also 3 months

BTW - If you have a vet that will see chickens and she is special enough to you to pay for the visit, I would take her in. It is very difficult to diagnose problems accurately just through this forum. If the vet is not a possibility, we (the BYC community) will do our best to help you help her.
hugs.gif

She could be egg-bound. Feel her abdomen carefully to see if you feel an egg inside her. You can search this forum for threads on treating egg-bound hens. Also look up egg peritonitis.

BTW - If you have a vet that will see chickens and she is special enough to you to pay for the visit, I would take her in. It is very difficult to diagnose problems accurately just through this forum. If the vet is not a possibility, we (the BYC community) will do our best to help you help her. :hugs
She is my favorite bird but I have school today :(. I was going to wait and we if she gets worse and then tomorrow maybe take her in?
I don't know.

She could be egg-bound. Feel her abdomen carefully to see if you feel an egg inside her. You can search this forum for threads on treating egg-bound hens. Also look up egg peritonitis. 
If she is egg bound, what do I do?
Like I said she hasn't layed in two weeks so I don't know.
I will feel her belly though

Back
Top Bottom