Yellow urates? What does it mean?

Rose the Legbar

Songster
Dec 18, 2022
Washington State
For 2 days my SLW’s urates have been very yellow. The yellow did start however after I gave her dewormer as she was acting off and I thought it could be worms (as i never had dewormed her until then). She is still acting fine and normal, pooping normal and all. The poop in the back was her normal poop before the odd yellow urates.
B6736688-A4ED-4BF2-B996-981412AE8268.jpeg

Sometimes the yellow urates is a sign of liver disease or ascites (water belly,) which can be related to a reproductive disorder or fatty liver disease. Does she have any swelling or fluid in her lower belly between her legs? Does she lay eggs?

She was normal looking and the next day it stopped and the poop was normal. She did stop laying for 2 days which isn’t normal as she laid every day for weeks now. She did start laying again but it has gotten hotter than normal here so I am pretty sure she isn’t laying for that reason now.
The day before she had yellow urates she acted somewhat droopy and her tail was down and was acting off. She didn’t lay that day either so I thought she was egg bound and soaked her in epson salt. After that she acted fine, then it was the yellow urates.

I didn’t give any vitamins but I did deworm her to day before as I thought perhaps that could have been a cause (and I needed to deworm them). I dewormed my other chicken but her droppings were not yellow.

Back
Top Bottom