Yep, I raise Silkie chickens.

Jipson

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2022
Hello my name is Jim. I raised one Silkie Rooster named Mr. Paint. (Due to the splotches of color he has on his feathers) Built him a chicken coop that resembles an old wester fort, hence the name Fort Paint. (Darn Rooster has no idea he has his own fort.) Joined this site to gain info to care for them and possible buy or trade stock to those who love raising Silkies.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Been raising Silkies for about two years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Three hens and four roosters. Yep, you heard right. One rooster and three hens is bliss. Add three more roosters and you have chaos.
(3) What breeds do you have? All Silkies. (Healthy cornfed)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They have personalities that sometimes rival what you would expect from people.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Landscaping, building dry backyard riverbeds.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. In the backyard I also feed raccoons, possums and a few foxes. They're all God's creatures and they all need to eat like everything else on this earth. They really love those marked-down chickens you get at Walmart.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I was told by a few pet supply stores to join BYC to gain additional info on the raising of Silkies.

Back
Top Bottom